fbctatumstuff

Thursday, April 03, 2014

Good grief.  It's been forever since we wrote.  Who knew that most of my time the last few weeks would be engaged in solving crime here in the big city.  We had several burglaries recently where I ended up making statements and the like.  Pollen season is also in full swing so that is no help at all.  I also am doing stuff for my youngest as we file legal papers now that he is 18.  This is once again no excuse but an explanation.  So today it was my major goal to get back to writing.  What makes things worse is I thought of a great subject a few weeks ago just before putting on my detective hat.

Let's talk about the crime first.  My truck, our church and another church went through vandalism and robbery for a time.  I lost a window on my vehicle.  We lost windows and other damage in our building.  And my friend had his church robbed a week or so after ours.  I admit that one of my speed dial numbers now is the police chief of our town.  I was the one who found the damage at both churches so I learned the art of writing out an official statement for the authorities.  Part of me wants to ask for an old badge since the crime wave began.  Our police nabbed the suspects so now we wait on insurance, repair and whatever charges come to pass.  Thirty minutes of unlawful activity ended up costing me two weeks in repair and recovery.

I almost hate spring.  Pollen is falling like the fine snow you see in the Panhandle of Texas.  Breathing is now something one does not take for granted.  We are supposed to get rain today but no luck so far.  I am actually hoping for a good storm to wash out the trees and my truck.  Even my youngest is really suffering this year.  Some people question why God does some things or allows this, that or the other.  I want to know why He came up with pollen.  Heaven will be pollen free no doubt.  The other place will be fire and that awful dust.

People like me who do religious things for a living are just like you.  Now it is true that some in my field keep that human side at a distance.  This was once the norm for ministers about thirty years ago.  But my life goes through ups and downs just like you.  We get no special guarantee that daily life will not interfere with the eternal.  My journey needs that daily presence of God to wander along like any other person.  It may be crime that gets in the way.  Allergies can be a pain when trying to read and think.  But all of us need that hope in God to see beyond the moment.  We all need our hope to be built on nothing more than His blood and righteousness.  It really is not a bad way to live.

Bro. Trey