fbctatumstuff

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

To paraphrase Herman Mellville, "there be rain among us!" We are currently getting the much anticipated rain here in Minnesota. I know it will not be much comfort back home in Texas, but it is nice to see water fall from the sky again. Today is the day we go see the Texas Rangers play at the Metrodome. Let it rain, there is no way this game gets canceled due to the weather. My daughter is forcing me to wear the Rangers jersey even though they lost last night 15-2. Wonder if I can wear a bag over my head too?

Yesterday we attacked the Mall of America. If there is a store in the U.S. that isn't in the Mall then it just doesn't exist. We spent 3 hours walking only to come home with a few t-shirts. I am willing to wager that I will be one of the very few in Tatum who sports a University of North Dakota hockey shirt. We shared some boiled shrimp for lunch before returning to Zumbrota. A good time was had by all.

The break in the schedule is really nice. We do miss being home but there is much to learn being away from Tatum. There is a whole other world outside of Rusk County. I realize for some that this is hard to believe but it is true. I am also looking forward to getting out to find our church some mission opportunities. Getting away from the comfort zone is a good thing. We have far too much talent in our congregation not to develop it in challenges outside our area. No, I don't think we will go as far as Minnesota but we will look around the state. I'm off now to change laundry and start decorating my bag!

Bro. Trey