fbctatumstuff

Sunday, May 03, 2009

There are normal times in life then there are times that are simply bizarre. Chalk the last few days in the bizarre category. We won't take too long with this post. But the last few days seem like a scene from another person's life. This does not mean they were bad days. It just means nothing went according to plan. To paraphrase the bumper sticker, "life happens." It's what we do with it that makes the difference.

Remember my excitement over having a repaired riding mower? When you have as much yard as we do then you understand why it was great to be able to ride. Well, my plans on Friday went south in a hurry. The blades stopped working on the mowing part after a few rounds in the way back of the yard. The mower still goes but the actual cutting part just stopped. My hope is it is easily repaired soon. The reality is yet again it was me and my push mower trudging through to get the grass cut. It has not been measured how much walking my yard includes when pushing the mower. To me it feels like a marathon. It took two days with several bottles of water and gatorade but it is finished. Let's hope we can get some repair done before it needs cutting again.

There were errands to run Saturday following the yard work. Nothing is ever easy where my youngest is involved. He has a junior high dance next Monday so we needed to be sure he had nice pants to wear. That took two clothing stores along with a stop in the electronics store. Then it was off to our home away from home at WalMart. Maybe it's just me but it sure seems my bank account is single handed in stimulating the economy. What should be a few simple errands took only four hours to complete. The best was yet to come.

If you stumble across this blog from out of our area then you should know we got hammered by storms last night. The same cell that destroyed the Dallas Cowboys practice facility passed over us starting about 2:00 am. The power at our house went on and off for a few hours. In the end, the electricity was just off. We still are not sure what time we woke up. We do know none of us slept very much. I hurried through a shower without shaving to go to church. The bathroom where I shower has no windows. We had so many candles in there that we looked like a Catholic mass. That isn't meant to be mean but simply the truth. Wouldn't you know that it was almost a full house! Thankfully, the electric company came through so my youngest did not have to sit with nothing to do all day. There were two afternoon meetings for me to attend along with the evening service. I ran away to the school to run for awhile just to feel human again.

Last weeks special music ran through my mind all day. It was "What a day that will be." All of the bizarreness of the last few days does not compare to that day coming. You and I go through days that are eccentric at best. We sometimes feel as if we are already in the valley of the shadow of death. But the promise remains that God is with us. He didn't fix my mower but at least I am healthy enough to adjust. He didn't lower the cost of the errands yesterday but at least He blessed me enough to afford it. He didn't stop the storms or keep the electricity on but we got through the day. I had to lean on Him with all my weight to get through it. That is good enough. It is good enough now and it will be good enough then. Maybe we would do better with more dependence on God even if the day is boring much less bizarre.

Bro. Trey