fbctatumstuff

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lots going on lately in my corner of the world.  My blogging time is taken up doing other stuff with work or at home.  Most of it revolves around projects that call for my attention with the workplace.  Home is doing much if not all of the daily chores.  You can call on me for many of the tasks around the house.  I could probably get a job as a housekeeper or nanny if this career falls short.  Busy is a good thing.  One thing to always guard against is allowing the schedule to crowd out your spiritual life.  Religious activity is never an excuse for drifting away from the heart of God.  Spiritual maturity is always intentional and not accidental.  Make time to spend alone with God no matter how crowded life becomes.

My daughter and I are having to experience the baseball playoffs apart from one another.  This is no fun at all.  At least our team is doing well so far.  They are not yet to the World Series but they are only one game away now.  Most of the games are pretty intense.  Close games may be fun to watch but they do little to settle the nerves.  But one of the benefits is if your team does something exciting or wins then you feel even more emotion.  The two of us do call each other when these moments take place.  Sharing something in common makes it all so much better.

I get lots of time with son now.  Something got my attention the other day.  Dad did something for him that pleased him greatly.  I enjoy doing stuff like this to surprise him.  One day it may be a new game brought home for him to play.  Another day may be to have a snack ready for him when he gets off the bus.  On this particular day he thanked me in his usual way.  He probably said thank you or something to that effect.  Whatever he said or did just made my heart sing.  It honestly brought a new sense of joy to my emotions.  My mind then wondered if too many believers do not know the simple joy of just being kind?   Do we get so wrapped up in our wants or needs that we forget our behavior with others?  When was the last time your heart felt that simple joy of doing something unexpected for another person?  Scripture tells us that service or ministry is just as important to our character as anything else we do.  Bible study divorced from better behavior is incomplete.  We will not change our world by remaining in holy huddles.  God desires to change our world through our actions.  That is enough to make both ours and His heart to sing.

Bro. Trey