fbctatumstuff

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Today was a good day. You never know before a day begins how the end of the story will be resolved. This can be called a good day. Sometimes you can have facts and figures to measure the value of time. There are other occasions when you simply have to go by gut feeling on if it was a success or a failure. Here is one of those times when both methods are valid. Facts and feelings both are signaling this day was good.

My feelings are telling me that I am spent after the activity of work and personal time. It's one of the nights where what little brain I possess is drained. Last week turned out to be a good one for preparation. It seemed as if there was a definite guidance to pulling all the study together that was communicated with clarity. Trust me, that is not always the case. The downfall of my personality is in making connections in a study that may only work in my mind. Too often my studies major on vague and lack in specifics. I will be grateful to God if the message went halfway as smooth as it seemed.

My facts tell me this was a good day. We got to use the baptistery again. To make it even better, the water was actually warm. My memories contain the humorous as well as the meaningful moments of baptisms past. It is one of my best moments when someone goes through the celebration of that occasion. We also added a new family to our congregation. Sometimes people join for reasons that escape me. This family sought out solid information on who we are then followed up by praying about their decision. Maybe we can continue to turn the corner on being a divine gift to others around us. That would honestly answer one of my most ardent desires for church.

Soon it will be time to rest. My body needs it tonight. During the fall, the days of Friday through Sunday can be hectic. There are football games to attend as well as work seeing that my job is to film the game for our coaches. Saturdays are when yard work may be done along with taking my son out on some grand adventure. Sundays are obviously hectic regardless of if there are meetings or not. It's when the three mile run/walk gets squeezed in as a break from the occupation. Tomorrow is a new day. My hope is it will be good also. That's my wish for you as well.

Bro. Trey