fbctatumstuff

Monday, January 03, 2011

This blog is what it is. You can read past posts where I mention how other blogs are better written or perhaps more insightful. My little contribution to online writing will always remain a collection of my thoughts or opinions. Odds are good that we will try to avoid being very deep in our approach. My one hope is for there to be insight worth noting from time to time. Much of what you find here will be an extension of real life stuff. You may be reading ideas that are drawn from my study or reflection. You may find times where the day to day traffic of life works its way here. There will be no attempt to reinvent the wheel with the blog. I might be happy in just keeping the wheel spinning.

Tonight is about real world events. My hope is to have my sutures removed tomorrow from my procedure last week. Maybe my wound will be healed up enough to have them taken out. I also have errands to run while in town. Gas prices are back up to the point where my trips will include multiple reasons for going. There will be very few times at the current cost of gas for me to just take off on a whim. Anyway, my journey tomorrow will take me back home for a funeral. I got word today that my high school algebra teacher passed away. He was a deacon in my church growing up along with my primary math teacher. I may not really need to go but one of my desires is to stay connected with my hometown.

Math is very far from my strong suit. I do ok with the basics but algebra 2 was not a fun experience at all. I even did fine in chemistry and geometry but that junior year of math almost was the end of me. My grades usually remained a far distance from my scores in English or history. Most of the time it just seemed like my mind was a total blank in that class. Sometimes I got it depending on what the current lesson was about. Those occasions were few and far between. I did receive a passing grade at the end of the year. My opinion is that this man helped me get out of there with at least a C. Seems to me there was an unspoken arrangement between the two of us. I would pass algebra 2 with the promise that there would be no more math classes during my high school years. This was a deal that I would most certainly make and keep.

Here is a very simple application. Not all of us are going to be talented at everything we try. You and I have strengths and weaknesses in every area of life. This is very normal. God knows who we are and what we can do. Yes, there are a few people who seem to be smart or gifted in more ways than we are. Our best approach is to avoid being envious of these people. You are created and wired by God for a specific purpose. Let me admit to some low grade jealousy of those who are mechanically inclined. I'm afraid my abilities do not lie in fixing things as much as they are in tearing things up. Aging allows you the freedom to be content with how God wires you. Few things feel better than knowing your gifts as you use them day to day. Maybe math is your thing. Use it with God's guidance in your life. Just be sure that you do possess talents that are unique to you. This is no accident. God's intent is for all of us to find our gifts then use them in His service. That is always the best equation for a passing grade no matter the subject.

Bro. Trey