fbctatumstuff

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Last night my blogging was complete or so I thought.  Technology can be wonderful but it can also be a huge pain.  Half of my writing was lost due to no fault of my own.  Maybe it was God's way of saying that the post was not too hot.  Chances are it was yet another display of how all of our modern tools can still fail us at times.  You know my stance on modern gadgets by now.  They can be very useful but how often do they take over our life?  I always wonder how we survived all those years without this fancy technology.  Maps are still my friend.  Everyone uses GPS now but I prefer the maps made of paper.  They do not go on the blink or reset the directions without warning.  Anyway, my original point was just to state why things went weird in last night's posting.

My goal in the last writing was to say that all of us can be examples along with being witnesses of grace.  Just be sure that verbal conversation is needed in any approach.  This does not mean our actions are irrelevant to our faith.  I know some believe that the style of dress or length of hair is primary in appearance.  One of the things the computer ate last night is that being a minister often is an obstacle to being normal.  People expect certain things from you that can compete with just trying to be God's person in any given place or time.  What this means is that the average believer may honestly have a better chance of being a witness than the paid professional.  However you are best wired by God to share His story will always succeed regardless of how it seems.

Tonight will be short yet again.  Wednesday approaches so it means finishing up stuff for Sunday.  Doing music now along with my other work makes it a bit more complicated.  I know what the topic will be coming up so the challenge is to match some music to it.  I really cannot sing well at all.  My great wish would be to have a good singing voice but it is just not to be.  But one thing is in my ability range and that is to count the music enough to lead hymns or songs.  It is always tough to balance singing all holiday songs without using our usual music.  I am not happy so far with my efforts this week so we will keep trying.  Our children will be singing so the service will be fun period.  We also get to baptize two guys so that will be even better.  Now we shall see if technology will work this evening.  One can only hope!

Bro. Trey