fbctatumstuff

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It is a pretty sure bet that a few posts here deal with the timing of God.  My theology holds to that mysterious activity of God beyond our expectations.  This can include those times when He does the unexpected.  My point is about those great occasions when His timing is absolutely perfect.  You never can plan or expect when this happens but be sure that it does.  Tonight is one of those times when His plan outweighed mine.  We may not always have many people show up for our prayer time but we do get quality.  Much of this week was spent looking at some ideas roaming around in my brain.  I jotted down some ideas while reading and thinking.  The material was decent yet God decided to raise it to a new level.  Here is what is so cool about this.  It was my talent that created this moment.  People opted to participate this evening to make it even better in my mind.


One can only hope that His timing means there will be more of His activity to come.  I would be very grateful to God should this be true.  So much of our spiritual life is spent working at the basics while moving through life.  When we experience a unique movement of the Spirit then we can be carried along in grace.  Being healthy in the spiritual life is not an either/or but it is a both/and.  Discipline leads to the opportunity to be surprised by God.  How else can we recognize the Spirit if we do not know Him prior to the event?  You will have those times when your growth grows out of that dogged determination to be faithful.  There will other occasions when maturity takes place because God simply decides to overwhelm us.  Learn to be glad for both.  How tragic it is that so many who fill our pews never know either blessing?


My day began really bad.  One of the people who communicated with me during my illness dies yesterday from her cancer.  I never met her.  But she would respond in an online forum to my questions or comments.  Even her own diagnosis did not limit her from being encouraging to so many who participate in that venue.  Reading of her passing hit me hard.  Again, I cannot even tell you much about her other than a name.  Somehow the news moved me to tears.  There is part of this which takes me back to my encounter with cancer.  I would guess there is a measure of just sadness over how a family will have to deal with this loss.  One day would take me on an emotional journey of grief and then later into gratitude.  Timing matters.  God leaves nothing outside of His interest or care.  Our days need not be defined by its events.  We can learn to measure them by how we allow Him the freedom to make us who He wishes us to be.


Bro. Trey