fbctatumstuff

Monday, March 05, 2012

Let's weave a few things together tonight in our writing.  Maybe it is more accurate to say we are going to try to pull some ideas together.  There are just a few odds and ends running through my brain.  Perhaps this means its time to write it out.  More than a few people use a lot of energy reading between the lines in what I may say or write.  Sometimes they may be hitting on something that is here.  Other times my words are just words.  I found out long ago that people go through different issues along the way.  So there may be sermons or blog posts that are directed toward some situation or the other.  Just know that there are occasions when a sermon or post is just what it is.  No one is targeted unless the shoe fits.  


Timing comes into play here.  We spent several weeks looking at the strange prophet named Jonah.  I really enjoyed reading and learning about this wayward soul.  Who would imagine there would be eight decent sermons within this small book?  Odds are good that other good material was left out for whatever reason.  I made myself a promise years ago that my pulpit would never become a place to lash out at anyone who may or may not deserve it.  Far too many ministers will stand up to deliver a stinging lecture when there is no chance to respond.  You know my view that divine timing is critical in our world.  Trying to hurry God is a futile task.  It seems that the best approach is to be faithful over time to leave Him room to work.  Not everyone understands this but it works for me.


Our message yesterday would wrap up our look at Jonah.  What began several weeks ago would reach a conclusion.  My mind had no clue whatsoever that this last study would arrive at the right time.  Was there a second or more direct message in my comments?  I have to admit there probably were some points that grew out of experience.  But also be sure what was said was not just for one person or another.  That is just not my style.  It is however also true that if the shoe fits for one person then it probably fits another.  God seems to work that way through me.  Patience always works out over the course of time with me.  It happened again yesterday to my gratitude to God.  We wrote yesterday that there is pain while waiting for that divine answer.  But what God does to His glory outweighs the discomfort.  We may be missing that divine touch due to our impatience.  My hope or goal tries to remain fixed on His ability to do far beyond what I can.  Not everyone understands but this is where my heart remains.  


Perhaps my hope is people will spend less time trying to read between the lines to just see if God is speaking to them.  You may not need what you read or hear at any given moment but you may in time.  That is always good enough for me.


Bro. Trey