fbctatumstuff

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tonight is blog post 701.  Guess it means something though I am not sure what.  Most of my writing happened two years ago during treatment.  Readership dropped off after that was over. Yet we still try to put stuff up here on the odd chance someone may stumble upon the blog.  It still serves as a place to let stuff out on occasion.  There is something therapeutic about putting words down so you get them out of your system.  Maybe some of the words are my way of working through something in my head.  I know that may not always be good but it can help.  This evening it may be good to just put down some odd ideas roaming around in my brain.  Some of it is sixth decade stuff.  Some may seem trivial.  Maybe some may stick.


*  It's time to realize the Texas Rangers just are not playing good enough to make the playoffs much less go to another World Series.  I hate it but it is what it is.


*  Reminds me of my #1 rule for living.  Life happens.  Denial is a waste of energy.


*  Why complain about the heat?  If whining about temperatures really helped then we would already be in fall.  So let's just deal with it as best we can and keep going.  We are closer to fall now than we were.


*  Reminds me of #2 rule for living.  It is what it is.  Wishing things were different never makes a dent in the reality.  There are healthier ways to cope.


*  Olympic watching is great but there are only so many sports that get my attention.  I remember my first Olympics back in 1968.  They are fun but sometimes the contests baffle me.


*  I am about ready for school to start.  Routines do have benefits.  Nothing says fall is coming like hearing the buses cruise around town.  My youngest is getting ready for it too.  I can tell.


*  I will miss him terribly once school starts.  I always do during his hours away.


*  I am not quite ready for football no matter what level.  Hard for me to get excited when it is still this hot.  My attention is still on baseball.


*  Why do people go to beaches in summer?  Give me cool mountain air anytime.  


*  Doing church stuff still interests me in my sixth decade.  Some of it never gets old.  But there are other times I wonder.  Odds are good that I'm not the only minister that does.


We will leave it at that for tonight.  It's just stuff roaming about my cranium.  Now you know.


Bro. Trey