fbctatumstuff

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Moments of clarity usually arrive without notice or fanfare.  Guess that's why they are called moments of clarity.  You didn't realize you weren't clear until you see a new reality.  They are also normally few and far between.  If you have them often it may be you need to be sure of your mindset.  There was one in my mid thirties that helped me unveil stuff about my world then.  Part of such a breakthrough will touch more than one area of life.  It should be obvious that mine will include the spiritual along with whatever else may be involved.  That one lasted several years for me.  Today was fairly close to another event.

This week is keeping me on the road.  Seems like I went to town almost everyday so far.  If you don't understand that last sentence then you never lived in small town Texas.  You have to go to town for doctors and such since they are not in your community.  Monday was a visit to the Oncologist.  We got another good report.  Today was going to get more blood work for my Cardiologist visit next Wednesday.  Both arms now have tiny holes along the elbow area.  It was while at the lab that my moment transpired.  Sometimes you need to listen to what you are saying aloud to get a fix on reality.  Words can surprise you or teach you some life lessons.

My discovery isn't exciting or shocking.  It is mostly a realization of how life goes.  I am 51 and already have an Oncologist and a Cardiologist.  That cannot speak too well on my physical being.  It is true that cancer is hopefully behind me for a very long time.  It is also true that my goal is to get my heart healthy once again.  But there is still an awkward moment to remember you have two doctors who deal with major issues.  Such a moment makes a person want to just stretch out in the comfortable chair for awhile.  My hope is to stick around for the duration but it may be going against the odds.  But that isn't the major truth to understand.

We sometimes need to remember that we live in a sinful world.  There are probably more people under the care of one physician or the other than live healthy.  I always wanted to live forever and still want to be here longer.  But do we forget our eternal promise as followers of Jesus?  We talk about heaven then do all we can to avoid having it be real in our daily life.  Thinking we are immortal is a hard one to overcome.  Our years here are tiny compared to our eternal home.  Now there is a daily desire to enjoy life one day at a time.  I want to see what God has in store each passing day.  I also want God to do more through me than before.  Maybe it looks small but perhaps to another person it's big.  One of my prayers is to savor even small moments that are full of God.  My plan is not to go anywhere for a long time.  Knowing life can be fragile only makes my faith stronger in the present tense.  Seeing the limits of life can motivate you to indulge the eternal now.  You grow deep in the constant reality that is God.  Not such a bad clarity to have is it?

Bro. Trey