fbctatumstuff

Thursday, July 04, 2013

July 4, 2013

I wanted to put a few things down in an effort to keep the writing going.  My son and I got away for a few days to the Fort Worth area.  Our first goal was to catch up with his sister who is doing an internship in the city.  We also wanted to see two Texas Ranger games.  We got good prices on great seats which is always a plus.  The one drawback is we again saw them lose both games.  I cannot recall the last time we saw them actually win a game while we were there.  Perhaps the team will send me a letter requesting that I stay away.  Nothing would surprise me at this point. 

Everyone should try to see a major league game in person.  Sitting behind home plate last night was great.  You felt like the game was taking place right in front of you.  Just settling for seats way up high is fine but you can miss the closeness from down below.  Other posts on here describe how my son gets in his seat with no intention of moving.  All of the lights and the music keep him more than entertained.  He knows when to clap, cheer or dance to the music.  Few things make me happier than sharing my favorite pastime with him.

Another thing on my agenda was to read the latest Stephen King novel.  It is very different from most that he writes so it had me intrigued.  Let me suggest you try it with the warning there are bad words in it.  Most think of King as a scary writer and he is.  What usually interests me about his work is an optimism or hope that can run through his work.  This book is right up there in his views of humanity, goodness and evil.  No, it is probably never going to be labeled a Christian book but it has its merits to make you think.

Now comes the time to slip back into a routine.  My summer escapes are not nearly as dramatic as some take.  Anytime away with my favorite son and daughter are enough for me.

Bro. Trey