fbctatumstuff

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Tonight is a grand experiment of sorts. You can be sure this will not take long.  It seems that some meteorological event fried the hard drive on the computer I normally use.  To quote the find physician Leonard McCoy, "It's dead Jim."  It takes you only a few seconds to read those words but it does take longer for me to type them.  The computer in use now is a laptop.  God did not make my hands or fingers to be very good with a laptop.  My palms may be the usual size but my fingers belong to someone much smaller.  The sports that I played in my youth or no help either.  Some of my fingers angle in odd directions which is no good when trying to adjust to a smaller unit.  Try to imagine someone really huge trying to fit in a small compact car.  That is me in my attempt to navigate this machine.

But there is the desire to keep my many fans happy.  My hope is both of them can appreciate the effort.  I can track and see where maybe three or four people at the most read this site.  My surprise is that it is not less.  So we will try to do some writing here until a new computer can be built.  I don't know why this happens as often as it does.  You would think that a person who can to little more than point or click would not have such difficulty. Computers just do not like me.  Some people are cat or dog persons.  Animals can tell whether you like them or not.  It's my opinion that the same is true of computers.  

Maybe having to use this machine will let me develop some better skills.  Maybe there will not be the constant need to backspace so often.  Could it be there will be less red lines as I type that display my bad spelling or motor functions?  My youngest can do anything on a laptop.  He never ceases to amaze me with his prowess.  In a better world it would be better for me to dictate what should be written to let him type it.  But that is not the world we live in today.  So all that I can do is to keep trying.  Perseverance is the lesson for the next few days.

Maybe there will be some other great spiritual insight coming.  It would be nice to get something out of this time other than frustration.  Isn't that to be our goal as people who love God?

Bro. Trey