fbctatumstuff

Monday, December 01, 2014

This hospital stuff gets old real fast.  Patience is not my virtue when it comes to doing lots of sitting.  But one can learn how to sit and wait when ill like this.  At least we are moving forward toward a resolution rather than being at the start of a journey.  That was not the case back in August.  I ended up staying in the hospital then for 8 days for diagnosis and my first treatment.  There was nothing good or fun about that time.  Sometimes it amazes me that some well meaning doctor didn't kill me while trying to cure me.  I am not sure the doctors didn't try!

I went into the hospital the afternoon of August 17 with varied pains and symptoms that made no sense.  You may recall me saying at times that summer was hard on me.  The physicians started working me over upon my arrival.  I cannot recall how many different doctors or diagnoses that came my way prior to the final answer.  What is true is no two doctors talked to one another or compared notes.  My biggest trial was not in fighting my current ailment but surviving their pokes and prods. 

There was even a small fight with one of the doctors as we moved into the chemo phase of the stay.  I finally looked at her and asked if she would mind very much if this didn't turn out to be fatal.  Yes, she was a bit shocked upon that question.  It got to the point where stubbornness set in.  I made the decision to take charge of my treatment without just letting anyone do as they wished.  Some medicine was refused when offered.  There were also times of demanding that my usual doctors be consulted rather than have anyone who wandered by to do something that crossed their mind.  Nobody tells you that you have the final word on what does or does not happen with their body.  But this is a truth that remains first and foremost in my mind.

God knows how He wired us at creation.  We would do well to listen to our system as to what is going on with it.  I know that much of my time praying relates to just being grateful for having the knowledge to hear my condition loud and clear.  Too many people will just turn over their care to people they do now know at times when it is not needed.  Faith may sometimes mean being stubborn enough to defy the answers around you.  God knows what is going on in your body at any given time.  He can let you know what you may have to do in not just the physical but in every arena of life.  We have to be aware of His voice for any occasion.  What touches us in the physical will affect us in all of our being.  The spiritual can change how things run in your physical.  All of life is connected rather than being separate.  Let us learn from even the worst of times how that can be more blessing than burden.

Bro. Trey