fbctatumstuff

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Writing this blog during summer became far more difficult than I could imagine.  No amount of good intentions can make up for being absent.  You know from past reading that writing can be good therapy for me.  You know that I don't try to reinvent the wheel or make headlines with breaking news.  Most of my aim is just relating God's world to ours as we move along on our journey.  We try not to be critical though that can slip in on occasion.  Any lack of writing is not due to the blog itself but to this summer.  Let me try to put it into words.

A large part of the last few months wound up being awful.  Most of my time is being spent going to hospitals or funeral homes to see people.  The Ebola virus is not the only bad thing breaking out this year.  Several of our church people suffered losses that were both unexpected and the end of a life.  My son and I would end up heading to a funeral visitation at one time or the other.  Then we also have more than a few who spent time in the hospital for some procedure or treatment.  He and I again would jump in the vehicle to go check on those in a crisis.  Busy is a four letter word to describe the chaos of these days.  As we say, do not count this as whining but simple a relating of part of the havoc of the season.  A final straw was a visit to the Cardiologist who informed me of a small setback.  I could feel it in my body leading up to the visit so it is a relief to have confirmation.  Expect me to move a bit slower for a bit but I will be moving.

The other part of summer is really awesome.  There are blessings going around for those willing to receive it.  While some are traveling we are holding our own in attendance and such.  Some of the messages were a tad bumpy but they are better than usual also.  Our baptism pool was used a few weeks ago.  The students had a great time in camp.  I believe we had a moving worship experience this morning.  But all of this takes time away from writing.  There are more than a few evenings where my body just crashed in bed before making time to write.  None of this is anyone's fault but my own. 

School starts in a few weeks here so there will be a new sense of the routine.  That will be more than welcomed this year.  God still works when school is out if you will let Him.  He acts in the awful and the awesome.  My hope is He now works to give me more time to write.

Bro. Trey