fbctatumstuff

Monday, May 22, 2006

I am not often surprised by much. Part of that is age and part of it is due to the inherent nature of my job. I see a lot of things on a regular basis that most people cannot even imagine. At nearly 45 years of age there just isn't a great deal that catches me off guard. Having said that, I was honestly surprised Sunday night. Here I was all thrilled so many were showing up for the G.A.'s who fed us a wonderful meal and a party breaks out! I just have to say thank you for all the deeply meaningful cards...I just need to figure out what they mean! As someone said, "take them in a good humor." I did take them as welcomed acknowledgements of this occasion. My son assisted me in opening each one. He is partial to the one with the giant monkey on it. I genuinely want to say thank you for the cake, cards, and the wonderful surprise. This church means so much to me that I often don't take the time to express. Even with the ups and downs of nearly 6 years, we are truly becoming what our Lord wishes. Thank you for all you do for one another. Thank you for being there when others are going through difficult times. As I look toward the 16th anniversary of my 29th birthday I am thankful to be here with you.

Bro. Trey