fbctatumstuff

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It isn't quite a rainy night in Georgia, but it is raining in Minnesota. In fact, it could be called a toad strangler as hard as it is raining. We just got in from the baseball game a little while ago. A good time was had by all. Ok, my dad and his wife didn't have such a good time since the Rangers won 9-0. But it was a fun night all the way around. Emily and I got to visit with the Texas Rangers radio play by play announcer. I emailed earlier thinking we might could get another shoutout on the air. I heard someone call my name while I was standing at the dugout wall taking photos. Turns out it was the man himself! We visited for a few minutes before he went upstairs for the game. It goes without saying (though I'm saying it anyway) that father and daughter were pumped. Emily got to see her first grandslam home run in person. We are becoming quite media connected these days.

I wish I could say the Metrodome is a pleasant place but it really isn't. Getting into the stadium area is a nightmare compared to both Texas Stadium and Ameriquest Field in Arlington. The hallways inside the dome are cramped and noisy. The view from our seats was great so that is one redeeming quality. I left my seat to go purchase a program after an inning or so. When I reached the hallway there was Tony Oliva standing there. He is one of the all time great ballplayers in the major leagues. He was a star for the Twins in the 60s and 70s. I could have tickled him being so close. I chose not to do that. But it did just add to a terrific night with family at the old ballgame.

Time is drawing near for our return to the great state of Texas. We got to see rain along with feel some cooler air. Less than 48 hours before we return to the summer weather we know and love. I do hope keeping up with the blog helps with some insight on how its going here. I am sure I will come up with at least one or two more prior to getting back to the metropolitan area of Tatum. Just hope the AC is turned down at home!

Bro. Trey