fbctatumstuff

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The weather says August but the calendar says it is the first day of school. We are two hours into a new year and so far, I don't like it! Summer came and went with its usual speed. Feels like only last week we were going through the last day of the academic year. Now we are moving full steam into yet another. The morning traffic in town says it is the first day of school to be sure. The roads were filled with emotional parents delivering their children to the waiting classrooms. My youngest got on his bus as he always does. My oldest was transported to her school by a father who was not quite ready to let go.

I got used to the kids being around this summer. In fact, it was a great thing for me. My son and I contributed much to the economy of the surrounding centers of commerce. Yesterday we went on our last trip before school. He wanted to eat at a real restaurant instead of fast food. So we enjoyed mexican food before I went to make some visits. It was not a bad way to end the summer break.

Remember to pray much for our students who are back to the grind. Also remember to pray much for parents who are either celebrating or mourning this day. Right now I can say that I am in that latter category.

Bro. Trey