fbctatumstuff

Monday, May 24, 2010

Now where did we leave off? We were talking about the fact that I have cancer. This is still very hard to believe. My energy level seems as good as it usually is. There are no real other symptoms that are recognizable. Yet, a visit with an oncologist awaits me for Wednesday afternoon. The office finally called me late this afternoon to set up the appointment. At the least, we can start the official diagnosis and treatment of the disease.

The call actually caused me some uneasiness. It's like there is a new need to adjust or accept what is about to take place. One can only imagine how often my body will be tortured by lab work and other things. God willing this will be the beginning of beating cancer. One thing is for sure. I'd wager there will not be a lack of examinations by doctors from now on. Fortunately, needles do not bother me. That part of the process will not bother me.

I know there are more than a few books or written records of how an individual faced disease to come out whole on the other side. There is no illusion here that this journal will be anywhere close to those prior works. This can't match the eloquence of others. Let's hope it does not contain the drama some who walked before me experienced. There are no guarantees with this by my highest hope is still for the best.

Have I asked God to heal me? The answer is affirmative. There will be more to say on this in the next day or so. For now let's just stick with there is more at stake than whether I am healed or cured. Years of study says to me that character matters more than cancer. Be assured that I would rather be healed or cured along with the maturing. My church family gathered around me on Sunday night to pray for me. My prayer was indeed for healing. My reasons for such a request are two fold. One, it would be awesome for my church family to see God do the amazing. A second reason is for God to get the credit for delivering me from this disease. God will work through this time to affect the lives of others. He is much more powerful than a tumor or growth. My hope is He displays Himself in and through all of this. How He chooses to do this is totally up to Him.

We will write more tomorrow but stop here for the night. I still feel fine. There are good days ahead. We can rest assured that this valley is no match for God's light.

Bro. Trey