fbctatumstuff

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I promise that there were several ideas for writing running through my mind earlier. Somehow between then and now they either disappeared or were stolen. So now here we are typing away with not the faintest idea where any of this is going. Then again, most times even with an idea there is no clue where the writing will go. It can be a journey of blind faith just to start hitting the keys to see what happens. At least we are back to familiar surroundings for the writing.

The computer mentioned yesterday returned today all clean of bugs. If you do not know then let me tell you that I am no computer expert. My approach to all things technological is very old school. If something cannot be done by pointing and clicking then that is the end of my ability. You will not find me doing all the fancy stuff that even young kids can do today. I am still looking for the rotary dial on the phone. Old school is even how I deal with cell phones. My fingers are really too fat to text very well. I don't think that my interest would be gained in watching movies on that tiny screen. If I can make calls on a cell then my life is complete.

Now my youngest is very adept at things beyond my comprehension. He can work those game systems like a veteran. Not too long ago he even got the volume working on this computer. This was after I gave up on ever having sound here. You can be sure that tonight I kept plugging this thing into that thing until noise came from the speakers. It's so bad that when our television messes up that we call him to fix it. There are so many things that are beyond my ability or talent. My areas of expertise are pretty limited. Part of life is learning to live with limits.

The further that I travel in this new journey the more I know all that I don't know. Again, let me confess to on a few occasions thinking that I had all the answers. One reason for that is people expect the minister to have answers to their questions. However my reason was too often born of a low level pride or even a need to seem right. Reality grows almost daily that there is so much beyond my grasp. I am also becoming more and more comfortable with that truth. Our confidence with God can outweigh the amount of information that we may have. This is a much simpler way to live. We do not always have to know where the journey may take us. We do need to know we are anchored to God who lives beyond even our answers.

Bro. Trey