fbctatumstuff

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Let's try for that hard to find short blog post. Seems like even my best intentions to keep it short go astray. Chalk that up to my preacher training. However I will say that no one ever criticizes a sermon that is short. You would think sometimes that we are being paid by the word when we talk. Also, never forget that the favorite word of any congregation is when the preacher says "finally." That's when the glazed over eyes come a little more in focus.

We are under a week away from the next round of therapy. Hard to believe but I am looking forward to it. My hope is that this one will be even more effective than the first. Today was another lab visit. You go every week while being treated to be sure your counts are still holding strong. So far no one needed to call me about mine. That is a reason to be thankful. I also had a stitch removed from my procedure last month. My nurse then added that my recent heart test came back great. We can proceed at full blast in driving this disease from my system.

The gym was my final destination of the day. Seems to me that my best choice is to exercise all I can when I can. We said enough about that in the past so that's all I will say about that. Each day gets me closer to the goal of not letting my illness define me. Each day the fog of the diagnosis lifts more. My heart is thankful to God for that. He is helping me find this new normal with every passing day. Tomorrow my youngest and I will go to town for our usual mixture of spending money and having fun. I want to be at my best for him. Having a growing relationship with God is never about a life without joys. Even in the valleys there are occasions for new life. My hope is that we continue to find that with His help.

Bro. Trey