fbctatumstuff

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Not to be repetitive but this was another very good Sunday. Guess it makes me nervous wondering how we got to this point. Whatever the reason for the good days just count me grateful for each one. Church seemed to go very well today. That fog of shock that troubled me is hopefully gone for good. I don't look forward to any bumps in the journey but at least that awful feeling left. My mind seemed almost sharp again while doing my thing. I even got to go outside to do some mowing in the afternoon. There was a nice southerly breeze blowing so it did not feel so oppressively hot. Tonight I finished reading again To Kill A Mockingbird. That is a true classic. I think that I may have to get the movie next. It was a great end to the day.

Tomorrow is round two of treatment for me. The day will begin bright and early. No doubt there will be the lab visit complete with more needles. I'm beginning to really hate needles. Then it will be time to fill my body with those drugs that fight my illness. Round one of treatment went wonderful. No one could ask for a better experience. This round could of course be different but I am praying for a similar pattern. The clinic does a great job making it as easy as possible.

Treatment is given in a very large room broken up by cubicle spaces. Each cubicle has a large medical chair almost like a home recliner. You have your own small television to watch if you feel like it. Volunteers come by regularly to ask if you need anything. The nurses check on you constantly for any sign of reaction. I mentioned that during my first round that I read on books as well as just rested. This doesn't mean that you don't notice others sharing your time. You do notice others but it seems as if each person is focusing on their treatment. I try to pray for all to get healthy as they face their fight.

Like I said before, my belief is that God still heals. My trust is ultimately in God to use His power even if it is through medication. There are some followers of Jesus who do not put much stock in healing. We also have a few that swing way over to the other extreme when it comes to faith and healing. Here is my opinion. God can. God might. God may not. God has the last word regardless. He is already doing a work of healing in me physically. Perhaps it is through the treatments but it is apparently working. He is free to keep up that work of restoration in any area of my life. What good to simply get healing physically without any growth spiritually? My prayer is that it will be both/and. That is my hope for us all.

Bro. Trey