fbctatumstuff

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Someone told me last night that the rumor around town is that my hair is going away. Now you know the reason for writing a blog even if not many people read it. You would think that just a glance at my head would be visual enough to dispel the gossip. It may not be here much longer but for now I got it. Part of me wants to try and grow back a full beard now. But that might look odd if the hair loses the battle with therapy. So for now my contentment is in being able to still need shampoo every day. It may not be growing as fast or as thick as usual but It is hanging on.

My father descends from American Indian heritage. There really isn't much of that bloodline left for me. About the only thing noticeable is a good amount of hair on my head. The rest of me is pretty much up for grabs. Do you wonder like me as to why anyone would be more concerned about my hairline than my health? Somewhere on here I am pretty sure that the topic of gossip was covered. All that I ever ask is that if someone has to talk about me that it be really good and not make me look stupid. Sadly, not every piece of rumor comes with that thought. There is no way for me to dignify some of the gossip in the past. To be honest, some of it was almost science fiction since it would make me Superman.

A major reason to pick up the blog again is to keep setting the record straight. Another reason was to offer a view into the spiritual journey of illness. If someone loses hair for a period of time yet gains a healthy victory over disease is not a bad trade. If someone can discover new depths of spiritual maturity is an even extra blessing. Someone once said that big people talk about ideals or vision while the small person just talks about others. Maybe this is why honesty is such a refreshing character trait. Now that does not being honest yet still talking ill of others! It seems to me the point of being truthful is all about being trusted.

If or when my hair goes you can be sure of my total honesty about it. Part of me wants to go to the costume store in town to look for some "dreadlocks" wigs to try out. Odds are that there will be a new hat or two in my future. Another part of me hopes that God opts to work a miracle in the hair area. My youngest might not understand why Dad went from shampoo to the bare look. Recently I said that God can do miracles. He parted the Red Sea and I am still parting my hair. My hope is for many more miracles than that. And so we will continue on the journey with that hope.

Bro. Trey