fbctatumstuff

Friday, August 05, 2011

Ouch.  Didn't realize the lack of writing this week until just now.  Guess it can be blamed on the heat this week.  Just absolutely saps the life out of you.  Maybe we will get a cool spell so temperatures can just be in the high 90's for a change.  Never thought that I would see readings at 115 but it happened a few days on my truck thermometer.  Remember this weather should it ever get cold or snowy in the winter months.  It may not slow us down from complaining but it may keep us humble.

Let me admit to being distracted by my daughter leaving for college soon.  I fully realize this is part of life but it still bugs me.  My mind and even my heart knows how good this is but facts do not always promise feelings of anticipation.  We are not going to go on and on about this other than to let you know it's on my mind.  You may need to know that God gave us this first child long past the usual age of parents.  It was a difficult and painful process most of the time.  I was already 31 when she was born.  Maybe this is one reason for my trying so hard to be a decent parent.  This is surely one reason why my attachment to her as well as her brother is as it is.  It is her turn to continue growing to find her destiny.  My role may change but my heart stays the same.

My family took off for Fort Worth this weekend.  It was quite the scene as they crowded into the car to make their departure.  My youngest collected all of his electronic stuff even though its only a two day trip.  Turns out that he forgot the power cable for the video game system.  A massive meltdown followed upon that discovery.  Even his dad was not much comfort for him over the phone.  So part of shopping tomorrow out west will be to purchase an additional power cable.  Let us hope it's not terribly expensive.  We tend to overlook small stuff that ends up being important.  It is true that often the small things can be replaced.  Just never forget that every big thing is usually made up of small pieces.  Small things do matter.  We just may never know it until they are gone. 

Bro. Trey