fbctatumstuff

Monday, October 24, 2011

If you read here often then you know that watching the World Series is taking up much of my time.  I was lucky that my daughter was home last weekend so we saw two of the games together.  I wanted to drive to Waco if the Rangers were close to winning it all but life is getting in the way.  We wanted to watch the team win together.  Baseball plays a huge part in our relationship.  It is not all we do but it is something we enjoy together.  You know all of this but we sure are enjoying this chance for our team to be champions of baseball.  It's still October and our team is still playing.  Life does not get much better than that.

There may be one thing that would be better.  Tomorrow is one of those new big days for me.  It will be one year since my doctor officially told me that I am in remission.  Those words still affect me today.  Some of my emotion is thrilled with that hope.  It very well may be true that my mind still doesn't totally wrap around that news.  There is the other part of me that is increasingly sensitive to others in their times of illness.  Some of this is due to that experience of guilt over surviving my disease.  Not many people talk about that but let me assure you that it happens.  So far my best approach is to just keep trying to live life to its fullest.  God knows what He is doing so I just trust that His will can reach others with hope. 

I am learning again how God intends to make His presence felt in our journey.  This is not to say that I have all of the answers.  Jesus told us how the Spirit will enter our life to make it a constant adventure.  Ceremony or ritual can never contain all God wishes to do in and through us.  We tend to settle for comfort rather than excitement.  This is not meant to sound mean but it is just human nature.  We do like the routine when the rivers of living water seem foreign to us.  Crisis tends to define our lives far more than the reality of God being in the present tense.  Maybe we can learn to celebrate God more than we dread another problem.  God does intend to great things for His own.  Just be sure He wants to start by working in us and not just for us.

Bro. Trey