fbctatumstuff

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My daughter now has her own blog.  It's part of her journalism class at Baylor.  I read some of her work tonight.  That may be a stretch as she now has only two posts online.  Her work is really good so far.  What made me proud is that her professor commented on her second piece.  Blogging seems to be both the best and worst of times.  You do get to put down your thoughts in one place.  The problem is that anyone who finds a link can read them also.  You know that I read other blogs related to church life.  You also know that whatever is written here tries not to be negative unless absolutely necessary.  Negative sites tend to get much more attention than what is attempted here.  Just know my goal is to be helpful above being popular.

In other news, you may be curious to know that my predictions for football all came to pass last weekend.  I went four for four in my predictions.  This meant going against my heart a few times but my head told me something beyond my wishes.  Football may not seem religious but it does affect how churches operate.  People want to be out by noon so they can see the Cowboys play.  We will deal with attendance issues the day of the Super Bowl.  One of my former congregations set up to watch the game projected against a wall.  Nothing says football like a really huge setup to watch it.  I do not know yet who my picks are for this weekend.  I do think the Patriots will win since they have a much better offense than the Ravens.  Who they play is still up in the air.  My mind is leaning toward the San Francisco team at the moment.  Let me get back to you in a day or so for a final decision.

Does seem like it is shaping up to be Romney going against Obama in our next election for President.  It seems very difficult to envision Mitt actually winning in November.  He just has so many issues unresolved with social conservatives.  No doubt you will find evangelicals who refuse to vote for Romney due to his being a Mormon.  I have no claim to know what type of President we would get with Mitt Romney.  What some believers miss is that sometimes what you do is vote for the one closest to your ideals.  One wonders just what an acceptable candidate would be to social conservatives.  My political views will remain between me and God.  What can happen is that I pray, vote and follow my understanding of politics with hopes the rest of the country chooses wisely.

Tonight seems like a good time to just throw a few topics out there.  Not every night begins with some great insight to elaborate on here.  You probably wish there were many more evenings with any great ideas.  My daughter will discover that inspiration may come from an odd place if it comes at all.  Just being alive is enough some days to celebrate.  God is busy in each day to tell us about Himself.  This is not limited to just being religious.  Listen to God in any area of your world and you may be surprised just how much He has to say.  He may be saying far more than you ever imagined.

Bro. Trey