fbctatumstuff

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Writing can be therapeutic for me. I can't say whether or not my writing is very good to read but it is good for me to do. It is a spiritual discipline for me. Prayer, study, reflection all end up making more sense when it is written out for me to read. There are more than a few journals or books that are marked up with impressions of mine. So for the time being, I will use this blog to unveil a bit of my inner self.
School ends tomorrow. Actually, there has not been much school for awhile but the official ending is tomorrow. This means summer is officially here. It also means my little girl is finishing the 7th grade. It dawns on me that this bugs me a bit more than the whole aging thing. I don't mind getting older but do my children have to do the same? While praying on this matter I come to one conclusion. Relationships matter. I already said this once on the blog but it is eternally true. Tonight we did our business meeting for the month. I thank God that now it is filled with humor along with the genuine caring in our prayer time. Why is this? It is because of the relationships among us. In many ways I am only as good as the quality of the relationships around me. I've said for a long time that as long as my children hug me and come home at night that I am successful no matter what. The same is true with church. We are as good as the relationships around us. We begin this whole journey with a relationships with God in Jesus. We make strides as that relationship overflows into the others we have.
The last thing for me to do tonight is to make sure my son and daughter are safe asleep. The biggest thing I do daily is to pray intensely for those who make up our church. We may get older but we have the gift of relationship to hold us together. Thank you for being you. I honestly hope someday we can all see this great gift we have from God Himself.
Bro. Trey