fbctatumstuff

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A happy Tuesday to everyone! I hope you are getting back to the routine after the holidays. We are still carrying out boxes of Christmas decorations. At least the kids are back in school so there is time in my house where it is quiet. The sad thing is now parents around the area are counting down the days until school ends. Let me give you some of the odd pieces of news that caught my attention the last few days.

We all know how the Dallas Cowboys season ended on Saturday night. Yes, I made it a point not to mention it on Sunday. The Dallas Morning News reported that only five people were at the airport to welcome the team home. Think about that for a few minutes. How many would that number be if they win? I tip my hat to those five people who got out in the middle of the night to greet the plane. In my opinion, those are the true fans. It's easy to get out to celebrate when things go right. You learn who your friends are when times are tough.

Sunday's paper carried an interesting note. I know there is a sermon illustration here but I am a bit leary of trying to find it. Gothic rock singer Marilyn Manson (yes, he is male...I think) is getting divorced from his equally bizarre wife. I won't mention her name because this is at the least a PG rated blog. He is beyond strange. I wonder about her since she married the guy. The best part is the reason listed for the divorce...irreconciable differences! Give that news some thought. Just don't think on it for too long. How do two equally weird people end up with irreconciable differences??

Have a terrific Tuesday. I will keep on the lookout for those unique items to share with you.

Bro. Trey