fbctatumstuff

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Perhaps Thursday should become a day of blogging on anything and everything. Some days are full of moments that almost demand a blog post. Thursday is a day for me where life just happens. The good thing is it can be an excuse for momentary lapses in reason. When asked about a particular thing that day just say, "Well, it is Thursday!" If you lose your keys you can explain, "It's Thursday." For some reason when the "T" day rolls around, my brain begins to malfunction. Today I took my son to the doctor for his checkup on the medicine that he takes. No one told me the doctor moved to a new office! That is something that will only happen on a Thursday. I also had basketball practice for my little girls basketball team. Maybe we would win a game if we held our practices on any other night but Thursday? Like Alexander in the children's story I think Thursday is a good day to move to Australia.

Today is not a total blur though. This morning I reflected on our children we teach in Sunday School. We teach them the familiar stories of faith. We tell them that God is a big God who can do anything. Does it ever occur to us that they believe that? Our children just may believe that God can do what He says in life. Too bad they are not yet jaded by doubts, reason, and plain old apathy like we adults. I wonder what would happen if we actually taught children according to the way we actually believe? Or is it more to imagine what would happen if we really believed what we tell the young about God? He is the God who makes things happen in life in the pages of scripture. He really is a God who can get us through Thursdays. Maybe I won't have to move to Australia just yet.

Bro. Trey