fbctatumstuff

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday is a good day for an early post to the old blog site. You have to admit that we were quite faithful writing this week. That doesn't mean that anything really deep was written but we are aiming for more consistency at the moment. One good thing about the recent rise of blogs is that it gives people the chance to write who would not ever get a book deal. Now is a day where anyone with a computer and Internet access can put up their thoughts for public consumption. I read a few other blogs when time allows. There are some very good writers out there. I do not claim to be one of them. Mine is rather pedestrian compared to some of the stuff on the web. Some have followers in the thousands who hang on every word. Mine is with any luck at least reaching double digits in readers. I will be happy with at least ten readers.

My youngest and I will soon head off to our local town for a time out. This will be my first trip there since Monday. Going to the doctor for various reasons almost every day a few weeks ago cured me of the need to make that drive more than this. We will head back on Monday when it is time to get stuck with a needle yet again. So far my best thinking says the treatments are working. We will probably get another scan sometime in August to check on if my idea is correct. I began this journey with cancer with not just a lot of the disease showing up. Like I said, there was more than one would want but not nearly as much as some people have. My illness tends to be one that is diagnosed later along. It usually responds very well to treatment. Time will tell if the prayers along with the ongoing therapy is having the same effect.

I did notice that the facial hair is slowing down in its growth rate. This cannot be a good sign. Now I am not referring to it being a bad side in the treatment phase. What this means is that my barber trips may soon be a thing of the past. Don't get me wrong. I would much rather be hairless and healthy. Maybe I just got too attached to my hair over the past 49 years. My plan is to have my daughter snap some photos tomorrow of me while at church. We may do a picture directory sometime in September. Vanity leads to wanting at least a few reminders of the days when there was hair on my head. I'm not giving up hope on keeping my hair. But I'd really rather be healthy when all is said and done.

Our students are about to get busy once again. The local high school band begins its activities this upcoming week. The first Monday of August is the day our athletes hit the fields and courts again. Sure seems like summers fly by even faster than before. Families have to rush to grab any time away on vacation. My plans for any trip out of town were lost following my diagnosis. I really wanted to drive to Minnesota this summer to visit my Dad. My desire was to just drive and see how the country changes on a closer level than flying high above. Now my summer essay would be about how I got stuck on a regular basis or filled up with dangerous chemicals. I think Minnesota sounds much better.

Tomorrow we will talk yet again about God's grace. Thank God after that fog of shock lifted that the preaching is much better. Well, to me it is much better but some may not think so. The last two Sundays have almost been fun at work. Tomorrow is the first Sunday in quite a few that I will not start the service in the baptistery. Plans are we will pick up the following Sunday again in the water. The whole point is that God is being very good to me. I am indeed a grateful man. I do not hesitate telling anyone who asks that my gratitude goes to Him. He may not do every single thing that I ask but He sure does do more than I can imagine. My motto remains to be healthy by miracle or medicine. I will even take a combination of those two things. His grace is more than enough for this journey. My hope is it can be more than enough for yours.

Bro. Trey