fbctatumstuff

Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's Sunday night and I made it. Kinda sad when your goal for a weekend is to just get through it as quickly as possible. Just remember that this is the end for the week of steroids. At this point, just getting up on Monday works for me. This really was not too bad as far as coming off the drugs. Seems like there are at least two other times in the past where the residual effect was much worse. Changing some of my habits this past week seems to be paying off. Now it does still feel like two warring factions are breaking loose within my body. But this time we avoided some of the extremes of food or fatigue. Part of me wants to celebrate only having one more round to go. There is another side of me wanting to go to Argentina instead of finishing the process. Time will tell which will win.

My youngest and I did our weekly errands on Friday. Our school team did not have a game so we got an early start. A good time was had by all without denting the family fortunes too much. Most of my time that night was spent doing as little as possible. I still need to check our schedule for our game following my last round. Perhaps it will be a home game with no need to drive across Texas. Saturday was back to the house duty that gets lost in the shuffle during the week. Our weather is till far too hot for much outside activity. Autumn appears to be a lost cause at the moment here. Rain is becoming a word to research in a dictionary. Perhaps someday soon will bring a chill of fall air.

We got through the day by the grace of God. It must get extremely close to whining when talking about the results of taking the medicine. Being or appearing strong seemed the best choice upon my initial diagnosis. You can blame that to male ego or some other bizarre trait of human behavior. I do honestly feel bad for those who endure my efforts on steroid Sunday. Just know that my heartfelt desire is to get past all of this for a very long time. If anything good was said today you can be sure God did it. If nothing good was said today then its all on me. Limping into the start of year eleven here was never my intention. All I know to do is to hope and pray that even this weakness will yield to a greater divine strength.

Life happens whether you want it to or not. The only other choice really is not an option. One of my goals at the onset of this journey was to just discover God in the midst. In some ways this is a success. There are other ways where the lessons are just beginning. Do you want to really spend your days majoring on stuff that really does not matter? I know that is an easy question to ask compared to finding the answer. One person's stuff is another's treasure. But why not let God use time without a crisis to help find a solution? His measure is going to be on a far different scale than ours. His answer may not please everyone but it will give your days a richness not found often enough. It may even be enough to get you through your own "steroid" days.

Bro. Trey