fbctatumstuff

Sunday, September 05, 2010

This is a holiday weekend for sure. Appearances look like my town is deserted. I spent some time outside today and noticed a lack of noise. You can usually hear more than a few oilfield trucks rumbling down the highway. Even they must have the weekend off. My youngest and I were in town yesterday. We both could tell that the roads were absent the usual weekend traffic. Tomorrow will be our day to do lots of house and yard stuff. He is planning for me to get out the cartons of fall decorations for inside the home. The patriotic scene will be replaced with scarecrows and other fall colors. This will stay up until Thanksgiving when he will be ready for the Christmas arrangement to appear.

We wrote last week that my local high school team was undefeated after one game. If you stumble on this blog then you may not know that my other job is to shoot the video of the game for our coaches. My record doing this is a very good winning percentage over the years. Only one time did my team miss the high school playoffs. I was fortunate to film the games a few years ago during our back to back state title runs. Several players who appeared in my lens are now in major colleges or the NFL. Anyway, the original point is that we are still undefeated. Our guys played a ranked team who is a division larger than us. It was a game not for the faint of heart. The kids hung on to beat a team who usually defeats us every year. A fun thing to do was for me to shoot video of the players celebrating after the game. I haven't seen that much excitement since our first state championship. Maybe our guys can go far again this year.

I just took a look at this blog site. I don't know if you can see it but I can go look at the stats on how many land here. Some of the people who end up here may do so by accident. Odds are that between my advertising on Facebook as well as in church that most do happen here by choice. Looks like traffic is picking up here with the blog. Let's hope that most if not all visit to see that my health is still good. I don't want to imagine any other reason for someone choosing to click on this site! The short answer is that it seems as if the chemo is taking more out of me now that my disease is not evident. There are not as many sick cells for the poison to attack so it feels like it just flows right along. My concern is that the next six weeks or so will be more unpleasant than prior treatments. Only time will tell if this proves to be true.

We had the typical holiday response this morning for church. I am sincerely grateful to those who attended. My feeling is that we had a good worship experience. The sermon perhaps had lots of room for improvement but that is usually the case. Twenty four hours from now we will be preparing to return to the rat race. Tomorrow is a day to close out summer while looking forward to fall. Forecasters are calling for more summer weather this week. My view is that every day is one step closer to the cooler temperatures. Soon it will be time for clothes to protect us from the chilly air. Let's make each day count no matter the circumstances. Remember to allow God room in your life to operate. You will learn how He can make all the difference in the world both now and eternally.

Bro. Trey