fbctatumstuff

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Trying to consistently come up with catchy ideas for the blog can be hard. The writer in me knows that the opening should capture your attention. Me as a person does not always find that idea from the start. Now matter what, this was a good weekend. I feel worn out by all of the activity but that is fine by me. The steroids are beginning to run their course so my blood counts are probably low. Just that alone adds to the fatigue. Getting through yesterday with the travel and excitement doubles the normal stress on my system. I asked God for enough energy to enjoy my day with my daughter. He did answer my request for which I am grateful.

We left yesterday morning to drive to Arlington for the baseball game. Our favorite team played their first home playoff game in over ten years on Saturday. Our seats were high above home plate but close enough to feel part of the action. We made the drive just fine with no unexpected distress. Parking and getting to the stadium would be another story. Two college football teams decided to play an hour or so prior to the baseball game. Cowboys stadium was surrounded with the rabid fans of these programs. The two facilities are within walking distance of one another. Estimates suggest as many as 100,000 people and more congested in this area of Arlington. We tried to keep a low profile while striding along to our destination. Eventually she and I made it into the stadium ready to start our day.

The game itself was a total sell out. Over 50,000 people were in our park alone. At times it appeared that they were all surrounding us while we tried to move along. Just being there was an amazing experience by itself. Everything seemed brighter or larger than usual for a baseball game. I can report that it was indeed louder. Even though our team lost we still had a good time just being at that event. It is the type of day that I will remember forever. My day was complete just spending time with my favorite daughter. I told her that the trip was the most important thing on my calendar this weekend. This is not to undersell what we do on Sunday in worship. But after my summer there was no doubt that being with her meant more to me than anything else.

We got through today with church. Tomorrow might be a good day to speculate more on that. Just know that I am grateful to God for seeing me through the day. My knees ache from the sitting and then the walking yesterday. My back hurts from being all folded up in my seat during the game. The rest of me feels just a bit better than your average train wreck. Tomorrow is more bloodwork at the clinic. Yet all is right in my world after yesterday. She is my favorite daughter and that was my favorite day of the last few months. I'm happy with that.

Bro. Trey