fbctatumstuff

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Let's give a big welcome here on the blog to Micah James Greer.  He enters our world at a healthy 7 + pounds today.  His dad is the student minister here.  His mom is just glad labor is over.  I went up last night to check on everyone.  Micah was quite content with his surroundings prior to birth.  Everyone else was eagerly waiting for him to appear.  They would not let me help with the birth so I just slipped out.  My dad is a doctor so he could be on speed dial during the process.  Parents tend to choose the professionals over the volunteers at times like this.  You can only offer to help.

I do hope that Micah gets all of his birth certificate information.  Would be bad if he wants to run for President years from now to find out he is illegal.  Surely our hospital will have all of those forms in order somewhere in their records.  I don't know if my candidacy would make it now.  Original papers for me are or were down in New Orleans.  Katrina came through so all records for me could be washed away.  Donald Trump would have a field day with me as well as Obama.  I confess to not really getting into this whole "birther" issue.  I would agree with the President on this one that we have bigger problems to face than locating legal documents.  So let us hope that Micah has all of those papers safely locked away for at least 35 years until he can run for President.

He is entering a weird world now.  Times change with each passing day.  Technology continues to explode with new gadgets regularly.  Micah will see so many new tools come along in comparison to my generation.  Maybe he will be athletic in nature.  Perhaps he will be gifted in the academic area.  Let us all hope for a healthy life matched with wonderful blessings.  He will grow up way too fast as all babies do.  His male gene pool will lead him to do things we just cannot explain.  Guys are just wired differently.  He will learn to grow by making decisions based on his unique conditions.  May he always choose on the basis of knowing the divine guidance of life.  Today is truly the first day of the rest of his life.  May that life be long and prosperous.

Bro. Trey