fbctatumstuff

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Greetings from Fort Worth, Texas. It's late on Thanksgiving night here as we are ready to call it a night. I hope you and yours enjoyed a good holiday. My day went pretty good considering it involved travel, family and snow. We left late for our destination yet we made it on time. Guess that tells you about my driving. A great meal was enjoyed by all. What took three days to cook took less than an hour to devour. The turkey was especially good. That is high praise seeing as it is not my favorite food. Truthfully, it was even better this evening wedged between two pieces of bread.

Did I mention snow? If you watched the Cowboys game today then you saw the odd weather here. One of my jobs was to fill the car with gas this evening. My drive was combined with Christmas music from one of the local radio stations along with large flakes of snow. Earlier my nap was interrupted by the sound of sleet. Unlike the song by Dan Fogelberg this time the sleet turned into snow. Nothing stuck to the ground but it was pretty exciting for my youngest. Two days ago the temperature was about 80. Just can't beat the weather in our part of Texas!

Even the family time is good so far. Those who know me realize that it is me who can be the quiet one. It was a good day to catch up on everyone including surprise guests this evening. My son enjoyed his video games. My daughter entertained the gathering with her school exploits. Even I joined in the conversation...when the Cowboys went to commercial.

Tomorrow is the big day. One of the area malls opens in just a few minutes to get a head start on the sales. Today's paper took a wheelbarrow to haul into the house due to the ads. You cannot put a price tag on the holiday season. No amount of money you save will duplicate the unique opportunity of this time. However, God did tell us just how valuable all of this is to Him. The coming of Jesus tells us just how much He does truly love us. It says we have value to Him. What did it cost Him? The obvious answer to that is everything. What isn't always obvious is that it costs the same for us. The gospel says that God gives everything of Himself to people who really have nothing in comparison. We give Him that nothing in exchange for everything He is. Think on that as you go through the sales papers this season.

Bro. Trey