fbctatumstuff

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Today was a good day. It's a great feeling to look back over a Sunday without having some regrets for how it went. We had a good crowd in the morning with even more than one would expect returning this evening. Holiday weekends are always a great unknown. There are times when everyone is gone away to escape. Sometimes you have days like today when there are more people than you would anticipate. It was made even better as people seemed to sing with enthusiasm. It was indeed a good day in the hometown congregation.

Without beating the usual refrain on the weather let's just say summer arrived. I even adjusted to the heat during my mid afternoon exercise. Some of that change might be attributed to the wisdom that comes with age. Chances are that age just makes it more difficult to cut loose with the temperatures already fairly high. The whole point of writing this may be just to say that my body still feels fine. Any symptoms of my illness are still not rearing its ugly head. Now we just have to get through the tests this week.

Most of this week will revolve around medical tests concerning the cancer that was diagnosed. It is here that we will try to discover the details of the disease. Please know that my faith is not beyond trusting God for a healing. People are praying for me to be made whole. My personal prayer is about God restoring my health without this trial. It is this present journey into the unknown that is so distracting both mentally and emotionally. This is where more steps are needed to keep all of this in perspective.

This past week did not go so well trying to balance it all. There is no one to blame but myself and no one can make it better than me. I need to find better ways to cope than my few attempts so far. Don't think that my goal is to add more stress to my situation. It is clear that if I am to be at my best for whatever comes that my attention needs better focus. There are still going to be work projects that call for my attention. There will of course be the usual assortment of family responsibilities to handle. There there will be the unexpected interruptions that any day may bring. I know that we all deal with these similar issues no matter who we are. My hope is to find better methods to handle my moments. I will let you know how that goes.

Bro. Trey