fbctatumstuff

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

This may be a short and to the point post tonight. My stomach decided to rumble a tad during the evening. My doctor prescribes some good nausea medicine which takes care of that. One drawback is that it may make me very sleepy very fast. One of my worries about this round is whether or not the treatment will affect me differently now that my disease is in remission. We will have to wait and see if this is a one time thing or not. You still will not hear me complain. If my memory serves me right then tonight is the closest to having the usual chemo side effects so far. This may be far more than you wanted to know but we do strive for honesty here.

I did some reading on remission earlier today. As usual, my mind is still working to understand all the variables involved. What I do know is that being in this condition after only three treatments is indeed a miracle. So many people share my illness without anywhere near the same success. Let me say thank you to whoever took up my cause by praying. Also let me ask you to at least keep me in pencil on your prayer list. Join me in asking God for a long and durable remission. I do feel like a new person going through all of this. One of my sincere desires was to not only get healthy but also to learn whatever God wanted to teach me. That part of the process continues on.

This summer is really a struggle for me. It feels like there are so many things that I missed out on the last few months. This is not meant to be whining but just a statement of fact. One upside to all of this is the time spent at home just being a dad. Long before our children were born I decided that this would be a priority for me should God bless us this way. This is not to say that my parental talent is anywhere near perfect. I just knew that any decision between being a dad or anything else was already determined. There is no amount of money you can give me that is worth all of my time with them. God blessed this dad with two fantastic kids. They still teach me things all of the time. My memories are my special treasures.

One reason that I prayed for remission is to be here as a dad as long as possible. Jobs may come and go but fatherhood is a lifelong commitment. One major reason for the social ills in our country is the lack of parental skills of men. One person can make a world of difference. Being a father makes everything possible. Let me close this rant by just saying my hope is every child could have a loving father. I know this is not realistic. But maybe we as the church could at the least display our loving Heavenly Father to those whose hearts are broken.

Bro. Trey