fbctatumstuff

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

One of the things about trying to keep up this blog is how much it challenges me on creativity. You read the blogs of others and their words just seem to flow across the screen. This just isn't so with my writing attempts. It may surprise you how often I go back to see words or phrases used repeatedly. I would like to think that my efforts at grammar would pay off. But there are still more occasions than will be admitted where even that falls short. I do still enjoy trying to write. Part of me wanted to explore journalism in my younger years. Some people mention to me that perhaps my labors could lead to a book. Somehow I do not think that is in the future. My goal is to occasionally get a point across without being too elemental with the blog.

Real writers have that mixture of gift along with a relentless work ethic. Their gifts at putting words together escapes me. Most of my writing remains in the just not giving up area. My opinion is we really do not live in the best time for writing. You go to a bookstore and it seems like everyone is getting a book published. I mentioned somewhere on here in the past how people like our founding fathers wrote volumes just in correspondence. Almost all of our early presidents spent the majority of their time at a writing desk. The age of email and texting will never equal the majesty of the thoughts or words of people in years gone by. Today's writing is very good but it just lacks that eloquence we see in the works of those from history.

We will not try to reinvent the wheel here. My goal will be to just keep writing because it is something to enjoy. It is on occasion a creative outlet for me. Not everyone is wired to be a writer. Allow me to let you in on a little secret. We are all gifted in different ways. God makes us all to be individuals. He doesn't even compare us to one another. It is good enough for you to be the best you possible. One of the greatest weapons in God's arsenal is you or I just being us. We miss the amazing outcomes of doing that when we sit and do nothing. God's life is meant to be lived out affecting others in a positive fashion. I still think the first place that happens is in the local congregation. Each individual church is a laboratory for the divine purpose to be discovered. It is still the place where God seems to do His best work through people.

I had lunch today with my father and brother. God only knows how many years passed since that happened. To say we are all very different is the understatement of the year. My father is a doctor. My brother works doing a variety of manual jobs. You know what I do. But if we are all being who God desires then all differences melt away. That is the mystery of God's grace. Not everyone can be a doctor or writer. Not everyone can use the tools of the trade so things work better. God sees to it that all of us can do something. Are you doing your part?

Bro. Trey