fbctatumstuff

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My apologies for missing out on the blog yesterday. Writing was interrupted by parenthood along with baseball. My son and I enjoyed a night of just us guys doing guy stuff. We stayed at home so there was time for laundry, cooking along with parental duties. Then it was time for baseball. My favorite daughter's favorite team was playing to see who would advance in the playoffs. Luckily there was occasion for celebration as our ball club moves on to the next round. This set of games will determine who goes to the World Series. I got a notice this evening that my name was chosen to buy World Series tickets early before the general public. Some of tonight is being spent looking at the calendar should I yield to temptation. My preference would be to order them online to print. How cool to have a set of tickets for the fall classic to keep for posterity?

I can imagine that you grow weary of reading about my zeal for baseball. Chances are that it is like my fatigue over writing about my illness. Maybe someday we can both be happy by moving on to other topics. I have no delusions of grandeur about the material here. This is not a blog that will change the world as we know it. I will be happy just making a good point every so often. The skills needed for writing a better blog are something that I desire. Repetitive phrases or recycling material are both things for me to avoid. At least there is time to learn then develop in each area.

To me it just seems amazing to share my love of the game with my daughter. The same is true on the times that I spend with my son. Sure it is good to have friends that are part of your life but it just seems more significant when it is family like this. This is one of the main sources of my desire to live healthy. I have no interest in missing out on however many more moments that may come along. Granted that some of this is out of my hands. But until that day arrives, my desire is to accumulate as many memories as I can.

Let me keep this short and sweet tonight. I hope you never miss the opportunity to share life with others. We spend time with others but we can miss what is going on around us. To be a human being is a miracle all its own. Adding our connection with God just expands that wonder. I would guess that someone wants to share part of your world with you. My hope is that you would enjoy your moments as much as I do mine.

Bro. Trey