fbctatumstuff

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A new week dawns tomorrow. Time waits for no one regardless of how much we may wish it would slow down. I would say that my sermon this morning went very well but it was on pride. Bragging on a message like that seems a bit dangerous. Such topics often have a very fine line between trying to say something and just fussing. Being challenged is a good thing. It really is a great temptation to stick with the comfortable. Working through Isaiah requires me to stretch what little brain may be left. I just hope some real good comes from a better understanding of his message. We could all use some renewal of our soul.

We are now going to be swamped with Super Bowl news for the next two weeks. I do think it's kinda cool that it will be in the Dallas area this year. The big game takes place right next to Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. My two teams who I predicted would play are both out of the playoffs. At least my teams made it into the tournament. Some highly paid experts ended up getting very few of their picks correct. Now we also deal with who will show up for Sunday night church during the Super Bowl. We will deal with this topic on another night but just know it always happens. I don't know if God has a big stake in all of this but we sure tend to make it a bit of a drama.

Today also included another meeting. Let me report that it went well. My view of meetings is that they are a necessary evil. Sometimes they are necessary. Far too often they are evil. I went through my files tonight in relation to the meeting. Ten years of material adds up to nearly a foot of file folders. That just seems to be a bit much but it was all needed at the time. Don't get me wrong. Meetings can be important. Just remember that sometimes they are more about responding to a crisis rather than moving in a divine direction. Heaven will surely be a place where we won't have any more meetings. The other place may be one continuous gathering to discuss the inane. Still, it was a good meeting tonight from my perspective.

Who knows what this week will bring? Opportunity awaits us to make this a good week no matter what may happen. Humility goes a long way in remaining open to God's direction. It will help us accept His invitation to greatness. Don't let pride make you resistant in being available to join God at work this week. Remember that the enemy will use all of his tools to hinder your maturity. His chief weapon is in trying to make us believe we do not need God's help. You can remain religious but just don't take God seriously. That was his message to Adam and Eve long ago. It is still his message to us today.

Bro. Trey