fbctatumstuff

Friday, February 04, 2011

Don't know if anyone noticed the absence of the blog this week. Maybe it won't cost me more than the handful who read it. The computer went crazy on Tuesday. I fought off taking it in for repairs as long as possible. It just went out of control Tuesday afternoon. The virus that remained hidden for so long just reared its ugly head. My daughter and her friends came to use it for a school test. She told me it had problems. I discovered that evening that there were much more than problems going on here. There was a saleslady staring at me upon starting the computer up. She had no clothes on anywhere. I am pretty sure she isn't selling anything that I wish to buy. So early the next day I made my way to town where much smarter people than me could do the diagnosis and repair. It all went back together this afternoon with no revealing women to be found.

My usual plan is to use my computer at home when something like this happens. But this week turned out far from usual. Anyone who stumbles on this site knows that our part of the world is in the midst of a deep freeze. Seems like its been about 27 years since we had a spell this cold for a long duration. We even received enough snow early this morning to cancel school for the day. Snow really does not bother me too much. Ice is what causes so many of the problems here in the South. But let's get back to the original point. This week ended up with more twists and turns than your average Hispanic soap opera. Just did not leave me as much time to write as normal.

We are hosting high school girls this weekend for our church student outing. Thursday became the day for cleaning the house. I will admit that we did a great job ridding the home of unwanted stuff. My trouble was with the phone ringing an odd amount that day. My list of things to do did all get done before the night was over. Now we return to the process of life the way it usually goes. All of that is to tell you how this week just didn't leave as much time for writing on any computer. I will get back to regular writing now for better or worse.

My hope is that our kids have a great weekend. There is a really good turnout so far even with the weather. Our student ministry is doing amazing things lately. Odds are good that even the students don't recognize how much they are growing. It's amazing how they do such great things without the trappings we adults suffer. They don't have committees but seem to move with God's purpose. They are able to experience God just fine with little thought about finances. They even seem to get along with each other no matter the differences among them. I envy how they do just fine in their relationship with God without the devices we adults seem to fret over. Yes, I know nothing is perfect but they inspire me. That is good enough for me on this snowy night.

Bro. Trey