fbctatumstuff

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tonight may be short and to the point. I know that you may surprised at any point made during a blog post. Making a point is always my goal even though the results may fall short. Anyway, the issue concerns the juggling of roles we have. Let me make it personal on this Wednesday evening. I often find myself either needing to be two places at once or trying to do two things at once. Last Thursday the problem was doing all of the above but at three places at a time. It would be simple if all this came down to the urgency of each situation. One could just decide on the priority of a given task. Sometimes it seems to be more about who I choose to be rather than what needs to be done.

Juggling the roles of minister and dad can become troublesome on occasion. Having a special needs child only adds to the potential conflict. Baptists traditionally use Wednesday as the time for a mid week gathering. Seems like it's been part of my spiritual journey for as long as I can remember. There are some of these evenings when my two responsibilities overlap for better or worse. Evening is when my youngest usually has the need for more help than others. There are medicines to distribute as well as other personal matters to handle with him. My only solution is to do some of the prayer meeting time with the church then speed off to be a dad. I am grateful for those who step in to lead the actual praying experience upon my departure. Allowing others to lead in these times makes for a stronger congregation. However it does not always soothe my inner turmoil.

Who gets the short end of my attention during these moments? My life long view is that my number one priority is to be a dad. It was my opinion before children and it remains so even now. Regret is a common emotion on nights like this. Odds are good that not everyone will understand my choices. Perhaps very few people understand my actions. I can only hope that my decisions are the best they can be. I am grateful the church has individuals who can take up the slack as they did today. We tend to forget that others can initiate the praying time with as much divine direction as myself.

Our life will take the direction of what matters most to us. Choices are the outcome of reflecting the important people and things in our world. You will find this to be true in your spiritual as well as your secular life. Those who are followers of Jesus add another layer to those decisions. Somethings in our life matter more than others. Authentic spiritual living relates each of our roles back to our relationship with God. Time management draws the back seat to living with divine purpose. Choosing the course of your life with God's purpose will leave a lasting effect in those around you. There will be no regret in that lifestyle.

Bro. Trey