fbctatumstuff

Sunday, February 27, 2011

We did take a few days off from blogging. You may find this happen on occasion. It may even become more common as we move along. We restarted here during my diagnosis and treatment for cancer. It was a good way to communicate what was happening as we went through the journey. There are times when ideas come far easier than others. You already know this if you read here very often. So if we miss a day or two just don't give up. Odds are good that we are just waiting for more inspiration. There are other times during the week when life is more hectic than others. I promise to try to manage my time better to write if it matters along the way.

I can report that today went well as far as it seems. You never know in our congregation how any Sunday can turn out. A packed house didn't hurt matters this morning. It was good to have a day where attendance came up. Singing is also one of the things improving lately. I think it is because our students are scattering out to sit with adults. This is one of those ideas that came to me a few weeks ago. Rather than isolating our sitting arrangement by age it struck me as a good idea to have all of us mingle. Maybe this is helping us get to know each other. It may even serve us well as people sing as loud as those around them. My thanks go to the students for once again taking the lead in moving our church forward.

You also know that this is my night to map out my week. Some glow remains from the efforts of today. Tomorrow is a day for catching my breath before setting sail with the activities. Soon it will be time to start on the journey toward next Sunday with a study. Our topic today became about guidance. This was not what my plan was when beginning the preparation last week. You might say I lived with the message while doing the research. This is why study still motivates me after thirty years or so of doing it. You can never be sure where it will lead you. I prefer to read mystery thrillers to relax. Part of the challenge lies in the discover of who did what and why. Preparation for sermons is much like the mystery genre. You can start with one idea in mind yet end up somewhere else. Who knows where this week will lead me? Such is the adventure of being a Christ follower in these times.

Bro. Trey