fbctatumstuff

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Almost waited far too long to begin writing this evening. This was one of the days when Sunday is hectic. It really does not make it a bad day but just keeps you going until the end. I wrote on Thursday of my struggle pulling my study material together. My final decision was to keep working on it no matter how it turned out. Maybe there are times when the minister researches the scriptures for his own benefit. Today may be one of those occasions for me. I felt good about my efforts for the most part. Remember that being challenged is never a bad thing in healthy spiritual living.

Grammy awards were given out tonight. This is the music industry version of the Academy Awards. I may not be that old but it sure seems like there are some very odd folks singing these days. Just be sure that people once thought of Elvis as a strange dude fifty years ago. It was fun to see some of the different acts perform. I'm thinking that Mick Jagger must be over a hundred years old. He rocked the house with a soulful musical number. I think there are so many foreign chemicals in his system that he may live forever. Some of the musicians are people unfamiliar to me. There were indeed some that didn't do a thing for me. Some of the new artists were terrific in my limited opinion. I may seek out some of these singers to add to my mix of song.

May your week be just as great as our recent weather. Sunshine felt very odd on my face yesterday while out and about. Snow is melted away as we start the journey into spring. Time does move right along regardless of the season. Just avoid the trap of waiting for better days before you anticipate God's best. His best is available to you even on the worst of days. We can learn how to receive daily renewing in our faith. Few things are as encouraging as the discovery of staying current with God. He remains the constant in the chronology of life. Learn to keep a firm grasp on Him while moving through your days. Rest in His unfailing care. Look to Him for the direction of your existence. You may not be free of struggle but you will always know who has your back.

Bro. Trey