fbctatumstuff

Monday, May 02, 2011

Wow.  This turned out to be quite the day.  My quiet evening was disrupted by the wait for the news of Bin Laden's sudden demise.  I have to applaud CNN for their insistence on confirming the story.  My usual choice is CNN so I can make my decisions on what to do with news.  Let me also give credit to our current President for his veiled shout out to George W. Bush during his remarks.  I wondered what mention our former leader might receive on this occasion.  Nearly ten years following our devastation from a terrorist attack we can finally celebrate a major victory as a country.  We still have our problems as a nation but we can on this night revel in all of the sacrifice of our armed services. 

Tonight was also the night when one of the cable channels did a documentary on the tragic accident that wounded my town back in 2003.  We lost four young women to a horrific act of violence beyond anyone's control.  I wasn't sure just how much my mind could take.  My basic role was as an outsider during those days.  None of the girls or related families were directly related to my congregation.  But there were a few occasions for me to spend time with those involved.  There are a few things that did include me that remain very much private for me.  Some of those actions will be taken to my grave.  Let this program be a reminder that grief has no time limit.  Eight years is not nearly enough time for mothers to fully recover from such a loss.  Some of the images of that long night will stay with me forever.

Now it is time to wind down.  This is way more excitement than usual for a Sunday.  Work along with my afternoon exercise makes for a very full day.  At least the laundry was finished while waiting on the news.  Church was a good experience today.  Maybe it would be best to say it seemed to go well.  We have two new babies in our church now.  Something about newborns can lift the spirits of any congregation.  We will have a second wave of births in July.  I am praying very much for continued health for the moms to be.  Make this a good week if at all possible.  We have each day as a gift to be used for divine purposes.  Not every day can be as exciting as this one but it is still our gift.  Lets learn to get the most of our time for all eternity. 

Bro. Trey