fbctatumstuff

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Allergies are just part of my spring ritual.  All of the signs of nature blooming into action tend to make me sneeze.  Not even our recent rain showers will diminish that aspect.  It also means that sinus medicine is a constant companion for the next few weeks.  They do help but being lethargic is one of the side effects.  I cannot imagine how some people take those illegal drugs regularly.  Today my goal was to go as long without them as possible.  Let me report some success in that effort.  Breathing is still possible today without all of the chemicals wrecking havoc with the rest of me.  I can only hope that no one else will share my malady.


Easter approaches fast.  It is one of those times that sends me into a deeper reflection than usual.  How do we move past the new clothes and painted eggs to remember why this day matters?  Every minister worth the time weighs that question each year.  I know just how easy it can be to repeat the same cliches as in years gone by.  My constant prayer is to find fresh relevance for this eternal message.  What takes place that day centuries ago still brings new meaning to our world.  It defines life while defeating death.  It acknowledges doubt while making the statement on reality.  Easter deserves much better acknowledgement than it may receive.  God is at His best that day.  May we recognize that in both our heart and our mind.


Time stops for no man as they say.  Spring leads to summer and so forth.  Soon we will return to our complaining about the heat or lack of rain.  Winter passed us by totally.  I heard they were wearing shorts today on the golf course in Minnesota.  That is only about two months early.  But just as time is a constant so is the truth that change revolves all around us at the same time.  Allergies will come and go.  Weather will always be something we complain about regardless of the season.  Easter will always be a given to those who believe.  In fact, it can be said it is a truth with or without the presence of faith.  One who resists believing will face that day of admitting the validity of Easter.  Those who take God at His word will be welcomed for that affirmation.  Easter is nothing to sneeze at nor take lightly.  May we all rediscover this great act of God as we move forward.


Bro. Trey