fbctatumstuff

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Let me give an update for my readers. Well, let me give an update should anyone actually be reading this blog! My knees did indeed ache today. All the symptoms of a heavy workout were present in my body today. It is a mixture of feeling good and feeling bad. The good always outweighs the bad though. There is one small problem with the post workout glow today. The weather changed over the weekend so the allergies are in full bloom. Yesterday, I went inside and outside on a regular basis. Today my one goal was to find the truck that hit me!

Luckily tomorrow is my trip to the doctor. We will see how the dieting and exercise affected my blood pressure. Family history says that this will be a battle that I wage from this point on. I look forward to going to be checked out tomorrow. My plan is to have lower blood pressure as well as get this allergy stuff fixed. Between growing up as a doctor's son and being in church work, I will not ever avoid visiting my physician. Too many people wait too long for a diagnosis that becomes too late to treat. The difference between being healthy and being in an obituary is often making sure you stay current with a doctor.

We are told in scripture that when we confess our sin that we can be healthy with God. What is often forgotten is the way to confession is in spending time with God. I know that can be a dangerous thing to our ego. We don't want to admit our shortcomings or sin. Maybe we don't like being confronted by God over our life. Perhaps we just don't want to let go of the things He will reveal to be wrong. What we don't realize is the damage that is caused by allowing those sins to fester. Sin seldom remains in one location of life. It spreads like an unchecked infection. Before we know it, our well kept life becomes controlled by selfishness. That is why we must have regular spiritual checkups with God. We do not need to be a casualty of our own carnality. God offers a better way if we allow Him to do His work.

Bro. Trey