fbctatumstuff

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tomorrow is another big day in the journey. My next scan is scheduled for in the morning. Let's hope this one goes as well as the first one. The initial scan showed no evidence of disease. I can only hope that the extra three rounds of treatment eliminated even more of the lymphoma. My congregation is probably weary of my illness. They didn't ask for this to happen to me. Getting some measure of resolution to this will be good. It may be that there will be more treatment needed of a different type than the chemo. Perhaps the test will reveal that the medicine so far worked to the point we can just move along. Right now there are no expectations from me. I know that I did my part. The rest of the journey is up to God. He is the only one who knows how many days are left. I am comfortable with that knowledge.

On a side note, there are signs of hair growing back. It is still very early for this to happen at a serious level. Most people take six weeks for the usual hair growing experience. My family is very kind to tell me they see hair. Either they are very blind or they are being very nice. But I can report some facial scruffiness. It's been a few months since those words could be said. Right now that hair appears to be a very light color. Maybe it is a sign that I will have white hair prior to my next birthday. The main thing is that it is nice to see some normalcy returning. I am still walking so the weight gain from steroids will increase. There is some jogging involved but my pace is so slow that it feels much like trotting. Goal number one is to get rid of the added fifteen pounds or so. I will weigh tomorrow at the doctor to see how this is progressing.

Life will be different no matter the results of the test. For one thing, this series of treatments took a lot out of my body. There is no telling what damage is done by the attempt to cure this. I also know there is a limit to the number of days we are given. Now this is a small issue compared to the length of eternity. Hopefully, we will be able to report a complete remission. But I also know that there are times that just isn't possible. My mind and heart are becoming more open to whatever happens. God's goodness is not limited to a diagnosis or prognosis. We can depend on His faithfulness beyond our tendency to fall short. Each day is another new test on how we really believe in His grace. God is always prepared but are we?

Bro. Trey