fbctatumstuff

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Sorry about missing the blog yesterday. It was a late night getting in from our high school football game. The kids ended the regular season undefeated along with being district champions. If you look at our scores it appears that they only had one close game the entire season. Some of those games were very close for about three quarters. Our fourth quarter efforts were pretty impressive. Now it is on to the playoffs. This year our team gets a week off before the first game. Some say that we have a good chance at being state champions again. My view is we better keep improving in several areas before going to be fitted for a ring. I will be along for the ride no matter what. If this is my last year filming games for the coaches it would be fun to go out on an undefeated season.

We may miss a few days blogging this week. Part of me wants to spend sometime just getting my bearings back. It does seem like you never know all that a crisis takes out of you until it passes. This old body feels better with each passing day. Amazing what not being poisoned on a regular basis will do for your system. My brain seems to be still be recovering. You may remember that one of the side effects of treatment is chemo brain. I still have the occasional moment when a name or a word escapes me. Some will say that its just age catching up and that is surely possible. All I know is the memory slips out of gear more than usual. Judging my spiritual health is probably a little beyond my view. I would like to think that it is also getting better daily. It is still a very long way from perfect but I am grateful for any lessons learned during the last few months. My desire to improve is stronger than in the past. This is to me still the best sign of wherever I may be.

One thought remains for the night. We go through our journey with all of its ups and downs. There are times when it seems as if we could not be any closer to God. There are also times when we may feel as if He is a billion miles away. Hopefully we get times of great excitement in our life. I know we all have times when we struggle just to make it from one minute to the next. I do not think that the aftermath of any of this is to return to normal. That is a definition for where we were before the events of life. Being a believer means always moving to levels of a new normal. I cannot and do not wish to go back to where life was prior to my diagnosis. My view is that God sees us through the good or the bad to get us to a new dimension of faith. Here is why it is so critical to remain close to Him. You can grow even through the most harrowing of times. Circumstances do not limit our capacity to mature. They do not hinder God in being gracious to us. What we learn in the darkness carries us into the new light of spiritual health. What we experience in the light can anchor us to God while walking through any valley of shadows. God does have a purpose for each one who is a follower. We just need to cling tightly to Him so we make that purpose our new normal.

Bro. Trey