fbctatumstuff

Friday, May 20, 2011

How about we just touch on some highlights this evening?  Seems like a good time for the usual collection of odds and ends.  I did get to the doctor today.  All signs still point to ongoing remission from cancer.  My doctor is truly smarter than the average bear.  Talking with her is always insightful.  Time is usually limited with other patients waiting but it seems to help me tell her what is on my mind.  The next visit moves from three months to four months from now.  Appointments will continue to spread out as long as the good health remains.  All bets are off should things go unexpectedly bad.

I am trying to keep up with the ruckus over the President's speech on the Middle East the other day.  Doing this can be harder than it seems.  You cannot hardly find decent reporting on anything without it have commentary on one side or the other.  Most of the news is over what he said about Israel.  Just know that my preference is to make up my own mind about anything.  So far it would appear that some are applauding his efforts while the other half are taking him to the woodshed.  How shocking is that?  Here is what I do know about all of this.  Peace will be nearly impossible to come by without some miracle.  These factions are continuing a conflict that started thousands of years ago.  I also notice that Israel does seem to thrive despite every obstacle coming against it.  Yes, it does seem to me that there is divine providence involved.  Believers can get obsessed with Jewish stuff but my opinion is to remain in their good graces.  God does seem to take special care of His original covenant people.

We could talk more about how the Senior Prom is tomorrow.  My daughter will go with her crew to enjoy one last party in high school.  My prayer is for safety and a great celebration.  We could mention how my youngest brought home several medals today from Special Olympics.  His teacher called tonight to mention how he maybe broke some rules during one race.  As the saying goes, "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."
No one told him that he could not keep someone from passing him so he gave it the old college try.  We could also write about getting another round of rain this evening.  Drought conditions still exist but one can keep praying for more wet weather. 

Just thank God for another day whether you think it good or bad.  He is going to string all of our days together to make up a full life.

Bro. Trey